- M.S. Degree in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics at The University of Tennessee School of Dentistry
- Board Certified Orthodontist and Diplomate of The American Board of Orthodontics, member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- D.D.S. Degree in Dentistry at Louisiana State University School of Dentistry
- American Association of Orthodontists Award
- Operative Dentistry Award for Excellence
- Crown and Bridge Restorative Dentistry Award
- Advanced Study Program Award
- Member of the American Dental Association, Mississippi Dental Association, past president and member of the South Mississippi Dental Society.
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry at The University of Southern Mississippi
- Registered in X-Ray and Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Dental Officer/Lieutenant Colonel in the Louisiana Air National Guard
- The Meritorious Service Medal
- The Minuteman Award
- The Louisiana Cross of Merit
- Dental Officer of the Year Award in the United States Air National Guard
- Inventor of the Laser-Light™ Bonding System for braces and was granted three patents.
- Holder of eleven additional patents for dental/medical devices and recognized by Who’s Who of American Inventors.
- Member of the Rotary Club of Hattiesburg, and former board member of the Family YMCA
- Hattiesburg Youth Soccer Association president for eight consecutive years
- Member of the Venture Church of Hattiesburg
Dr. Nicholson treated his family, thus he understands how extremely important every patient is and the need for his Painless Braces